Sunday, September 22, 2013

Beauty

Last Spring I was at a BUILD Beauty meeting and Rachel challenged us all to write a poem. I never had written a poem before so this was a new experience for me. The topic was about Beauty.

One of my Twitter followers had tweeted about beauty earlier that day and I kept thinking of the lines he had tweeted because there was so much truth in them. So I decided to take these and use them as inspiration in my poem.

I happened to stumble upon it the other day and figured I would share it with you all! Hope you enjoy! <3


Beauty: A term that can mean many things
From your lovely girlfriend to those summer flings

It can be complex, or even really simple
From your sharp red dress, to your cute dimple

Beauty can be composed of various elements
From personality, grace, integrity, and intelligence

It can be interpreted differently by every one
From your best friend, brother, or even your son

So celebrate your beauty every which way
Because you never know when it can change someone's day


Until next time,
The Chronicles of Kirsten Continues

Shout out to Eric Porter for tweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment